Terms and Conditions
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules that apply to accessing and using our website at www.worldmeatfreeweek.com (our site).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.worldmeatfreeweek.com is a site operated by World Meat Free Week, an unincorporated association based in England (we, us or our). Our address is Station House, Stamford New Rd, Altrincham WA14 1EP.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you should not use our site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms or our site
We amend these terms and may update and change our site from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on the ‘version live’ date at the top of this page.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
How you may use material on our site
Do not rely on information on our site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Any information, recipes or general healthy eating tips or advice are general in nature and intended for use only by individuals whose dietary needs and health condition allow for a meat-free component to their diet. They should be used with particular care in relation to children, pregnant women, or individuals with any type of health condition. You are advised to seek the advice of a doctor before beginning any attempt to lose weight or making changes to your diet which could adversely affect your health or wellbeing. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no promises that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. These links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and content provided by others or uploaded by other users of our site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
OUR SITE AND ALL INFORMATION (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, IMAGES, GRAPHICS, LINKS, CONTENT AND OTHER MATERIALS) ON OUR SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR AS TO THE OPERATION OF OUR SITE, ITS CONTENT OR USER CONTENT. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our affiliates, partners, licensors and suppliers make no representations or warranties that (i) our site or its content will meet your requirements, (ii) our site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of our site (including any information and materials on our site) will be correct, complete, accurate, reliable, or otherwise meet your requirements.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, BRAND LICENSEES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL OR OTHER LOSS DAMAGES RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCESS, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE OUR SITE, CONTENT OR USER CONTENT ON OUR SITE OR (ii) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH DAMAGES ARISE AS A RESULT OF FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION ON OUR PART. If you live in a country or state that does not allow any of these exclusions, limitations or disclaimers of warranties, they will not apply to you but only to the extent such exclusions or limitations are not allowed. In such case, such exclusions or limitations shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law. In the UK, we do not exclude, limit or disclaim our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not use our site in any way which violates our Acceptable Use Policy below.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or children in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any server, equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, chat rooms and bulletin boards (interactive services). Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.