Vegan Moussaka with Tideford Organics’ Ragu Bolognese
A deliciously warming vegan version of this classic Greek dish.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 aubergine, ½ cm slices
- 1 large potato ½ cm slices
- 2 300g pots Tideford Organics Vegan Ragu Bolognese
- 30g cornflour
- 275ml soya milk
- 30g vegetable margarine
- Salt + pepper
- 30g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Oregano to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry slices of aubergine on both sides. Set aside. Repeat with the potato slices.*
- Lightly grease a shallow oven-proof dish. Arrange half the aubergine slices across the base and top with one pot of the ragu. Arrange the potato slices on top and add the second pot of ragu. Finish with the remaining aubergine.
- In a small cup add a little of the soya milk to the cornflour and mix into a thin paste. Add to the remaining soya milk in a saucepan and whisk continuously over a gentle heat until thick and smooth. Stir in the vegetable margarine* and season with salt and pepper
- Pour over the aubergine and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and oregano.*
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Use a griddle pan for attractive griddle lines on the aubergine.
- Use 50g of cauliflower puree in place of margarine for extra goodness
- For a gluten free version use gluten free breadcrumbs or finely chopped walnuts