Sweetcorn & leek fritters with avocado
These crispy veggie fritters are packed with leeks and sweetcorn, rich in B Vitamins and an excellent source of folate, essential for cardiovascular health.
- 120g heritage cherry tomatoes
- 120g sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- 1 leek
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 40g rocket
- 6 tbsp chickpea flour
- 80g green beans
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Finely chop or crush the garlic and finely slice the leek, discarding the root end.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan on a medium heat and fry the garlic and leek for 5 mins until softened. Set aside.
- Trim the green beans. Place the cherry tomatoes and green beans on a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain the sweetcorn. In a bowl, mix the sweetcorn, chickpea flour and smoked paprika with the softened leeks and garlic. Add 2-3 tbsps cold water and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form the mixture into 6 fritters about 1cm thick (the mix will be quite sticky).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat and fry the fritters for 3-4 mins each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into thick slices.
- To serve, place the rocket on two plates, arrange the sweetcorn and leek fritters on the leaves, and serve alongside the sliced avocado, the roasted green beans and tomatoes. Drizzle over the juice from the lime.