Shakshuka is a staple dish throughout the Middle East. It is a traditional dish consisting of eggs poached in tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, and often is spiced with cumin.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper (+ your fav fresh herbs- we used rosemary)
- In a skillet, sauté onion and peppers with olive oil for 5 minutes under medium flame
- Add tomato sauce, and cook with onions and peppers for 3-4 minutes
- Crack each egg into a different corner of the skillet pan, and cover
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Decorate with your favorite herbs!