Quinoa fritters with sweet potatoes
Quinoa fritters with sweet potatoes are super easy to make, better yet, they're healthy!
- 250 ml boiled quinoa
- 250 ml oven baked sweet potatoes
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- fresh thyme
- salt, pepper
- cold-pressed coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (convection oven). Boil quinoa as instructed on packaging. Peel and slice sweet potatoes and put in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle coconut oil, salt, pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes. The sweet potatoes should be soft and have a nice color to them.
- Heat coconut oil in a small frying pan and quickly fry onion, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Mash the roasted sweet potato with a fork in a bowl and mix with quinoa, onion and a bit of fresh thyme. Shape into small flat circles and fry in coconut oil on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side until the fritters get a nice golden color.
- Serve with fresh thyme and a vegetable salad.