Paul Svensson’s Beetroot with Goat Yoghurt and Sriracha Dressing
Paul Svensson's beetroot, sriracha dressing and yoghurt.
- 300 g of small beetroot with tops, preferably organic
- 50 ml distilled pickling vinegar
- 50 ml honey
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoons of nut oil or cold-pressed sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 200 ml drained goat yoghurt
- Black pepper
- Cut the beetroot tops off a little bit from the root. Cut the leaves from the stems. Scrub the beetroots well and cook them in about 1 litre of lightly salted water until they are soft.
- Once beetroots are soft add the stems and boil for about 2 minutes. Remove the beetroot and stems and cool in cold water.
- Continue to boil the beetroot water down until it has reduced to around 100 ml. Add vinegar, honey and fennel seeds, simmer then let it cool. Once cool add the beetroot stems and allow to marinate for 1-2 hours. Finally slice the marinated stems into bitesize pieces.
- Mix the sriracha, nut oil and honey to a smooth consistency.
- Quickly fry the beetroot leaves in oil. Spoon out the yoghurt onto the 4 plates and season with salt and pepper. Serve slices of beetroot, stalks and leaves over the yogurt.
- Drizzle over the dressing.