Noodles with Peanut Sauce
In just 15 minutes, you can have a nourishing vegan meal on the table that is flavorful and packed with veggies.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons agave or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce like Sriracha, or more or less to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 carrots, chopped into coins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen edamame
- Crushed peanuts or sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- 1 16-ounce package of your favorite noodles, cooked according to package (spaghetti, angel hair, soba, and udon all work well)
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor, or use an immersion blender to combine well. If you like a thick sauce, use less water. Set aside.
- Steam carrots, broccoli, and edamame for 4 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green.
- Toss the vegetables with the noodles and pour the peanut sauce over it. Serve sprinkled with crushed peanuts or sesame seeds.