Jamaican-Me-Crazy Quorn Dog
This lively Not Dog (using Quorn Sausages) made with jalapeños, crispy lettuce, mango mayonnaise and jerk sauce, will awaken your taste buds and bring a touch of the Jamaican sunshine to your BBQ!
- 4 Quorn Sausages
- 4 hot dog buns
- Sliced pickled green jalapeños
- 4 Iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1/2 ripe mango, flesh finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- 75g mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli, deseeded if you'd like less heat!
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- Put the mayonnaise, chopped mango and lime juice and zest in a bowl. Mix together vigorously and put in the fridge to chill
- Pop all the ingredients for the jerk sauce in a food processor and blend into a paste, adding cold water a tablespoon at a time to create the desired consistency. Put to the side while you prepare the hot dogs
- Cook the Quorn Sausages as per the packet instructions. We'd suggest grilling on the BBQ for that authentic summer-time taste
- Meanwhile, get all your prepared ingredients (jalapeños, lettuce, mango mayo and jerk sauce) ready for topping
- Once the Sausages are cooked, put one into each bun. Now it's time to assemble your Not Dogs
- First, spoon on the jerk sauce, covering each Dog evenly
- Sprinkle on the lettuce on each
- Next, put on the mango mayonnaise (if you have a plastic squeezy bottle use that!)
- Finally, top each Not Dog with 4 slices of jalapeño
- Sit back, grab a napkin (because it'll be nice and messy) and enjoy!
There's some great pre-made jerk sauces available if you don't fancy making the sauce at home, but, it'll be worth it!