Grilled Vegetable Tacos
Dressing your grilled vegetables up in taco form gives you and your BBQ guests that much more reason to eat more of them! Serve these veggies in a large bowl alongside hot tortillas and guacamole and let everyone DIY.
- 4-6 wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup small mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 12 corn tortillas or whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup sliced avocado or guacamole (check out my easy guacamole recipe)
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat or oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Place the sliced zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper chunks, onion, and mushrooms on the skewers, leaving a small amount of space between each slice of vegetable on the skewers.
- Use a pastry brush or spoon to lightly coat all of the vegetables with the seasoned oil mixture. Lightly coat the corn with the oil mixture as well.
- Place the skewers and ears of corn on the grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and caramelized and the corn is slightly charred. If using the oven, bake for about 25-30 minutes, turning a few times during the cooking time.
- Remove the vegetables from the skewers and cut into smaller pieces if desired. Cut the corn kernels off of the ears of corn. Place all vegetables and corn in a bowl and toss to combine them.
- Heat the tortillas and top with the roasted vegetable mixture and avocado. Serve with beans on the side.