This courgette fritters recipe uses fresh healthy ingredients.
- 1 medium courgette, cut in 2.5cm pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 170g all-purpose flour
- 50g grated Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp oil
- Place the courgette into your food processor
- Pulse a couple of times to roughly chop
- Place courgette in a strainer and sprinkle with the salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze any extra moisture from courgette.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the courgette, eggs, flour, cheese, dill, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, drop 2 table spoons of mixture into the oil, pressing lightly to form rounds. Cook 4 – 5 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through. Flip halfway through cooking. Transfer to a paper towel.