Cauliflower Quinoa Burger
Try our quick and flavour packed burger this World Meat Free Week!
- 220g cauliflower florets, cut in 4cm pieces
- ¼ small onion, peeled, cut in quarters
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60ml olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 185ml cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 90g panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 large slices of cheese
- 4 burger buns, for serving
- 20g rocket, for serving
- Chilli mayonnaise, for serving
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside..
- Place cauliflower, onion, and garlic into a food processor.
- Pulse twice to chop. Transfer to a bowl.
- Toss cauliflower mixture with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cauliflower mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until softened and
- slightly browned. Flip halfway through.
- Form mixture into 4 round balls. Carefully form balls into patties, squeezing to hold together.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add burgers and cook until fully browned
- on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Carefully flip burgers. Top burgers with cheese, cover, and cook until
- browned and cheese is melted, about 5 to 8 minutes
- To serve, place burgers on buns. Top with fresh rocket and chilli mayonnaise, or other toppings of your