Need something healthy and tasty to nibble on? Try these simple broccoli tots.
- 180g broccoli, cut in 3cm florets
- ¼ small onion, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 large egg
- 50g panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 55g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray; set aside
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1ltr of water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli for 1 minute. Remove broccoli and immediately plunge into ice water. Drain well.
- Place the cooled broccoli and onion in a food processor bowl and pulse until well chopped.
- Transfer the mixture into the medium mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 24 cylinders about ¾ inch wide by 1 inch long. Place on prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until the tots are crispy, gently flipping half way through.